Windows Client

Henry Andrew anhny at wmdata.com
Wed Dec 15 14:28:12 CET 2004

I'd also like to know if there are any useful front ends out there.
WinPT at last glance was quite buggy and lacking in features, and has
not seen a significant update in a long time.  I currently use GPGShell
3.30, but am not overly impressed with the sloppy integration between it
and GPG.  If Enigmail can write a graphical front end to the GPG
interface (interprocess communication), whilst not actually containing
any encryption code (which is what GPGShell purports to do), then there
is no reason other than lack of knowledge or unwillingness to implement,
why this cannot be implemented in GPGShell, to remove the need for
command prompt windows and PAUSEs.

That being said, GPGShell does make life a lot easier when using GPG,
and until (a hopefully well integrated, clean front end) GPA is
released, seems to be the best option at the moment.

--
Andrew