Windows Client

Timo Schulz twoaday at freakmail.de
Wed Dec 15 16:00:24 CET 2004

On Wed Dec 15 2004; 14:28, Henry Andrew wrote:

> I'd also like to know if there are any useful front ends out there.
> WinPT at last glance was quite buggy and lacking in features, and has

As the author of WinPT I'm of course not ingenuous. But let me say some
things...

WinPT is _not_ unmaintained. I work on it whenever it's possible and
I also fixed a lot of bugs recently. The problem is that the SourceForge
website is a little outdated.

I recommend to use 0.9.x whenver it is possible (last version is 0.9.14)
and this website which always has up-to-date files:
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~twoaday/winpt.html

For the people who still use 0.7.x and have problems I would suggest
to download 0.9.14 which contains a lot of features and bug fixes.

_But of course the user has the freedom to decide what front-end to use_.

        Timo