Bad Signature (was Re: [Announce] Updated GnuPG 1.4.0 Windows binary)

Shatadal shatadal at vfemail.net
Fri Dec 17 00:37:21 CET 2004

Werner Koch wrote:
> Hello!
>
> a couple of hours ago we announced GnuPG 1.4.0, claiming that a
> compiled version for MS Windows is also available.  Unfortunately that
> Windows version version has a severe bug which makes it pretty
> unusable.  To fix this a new binary version has been released.  The
> old file has been removed from the server and the new one has been
> given the version number 1.4.0a.
>
> If you already downloaded gnupg-w32cli-1.4.0.zip, you should replace
> that with the new one:
>
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.0a.zip    (1627k)
>  ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/binary/gnupg-w32cli-1.4.0a.zip.sig
>
> The SHA1 checksum of the zip file is:
>
>   28be01b7f8eaa29db73d11bf8b9504e823c07c2b  gnupg-w32cli-1.4.0a.zip
>

> I apologize for my silliness of not properly testing the Windows
> version.
>

> Salam-Shalom,
>
>    Werner

Hi,

It seems that your message was not signed correctly. I am using enigmail
with mozilla thunderbird and it prompts me to import public keys
required to verify signed messages. When I import your key however
enigmail complains of a bad signature. I have imported your key from
keyserver.kjsl.com and random.sks.keyserver.penguin.de and got the key
for wk at gnupg.org with key id 0x5B0358A2. Interestingly enigmail asks for
key ID 0x010A57ED initially to verify the signature. Maybe the problem
is with enigmail. Could you help?

Thanks,

Shatadal.