Using the "preferred keyserver URL" in GnuPG 1.4

Simon Josefsson jas at extundo.com
Tue Dec 21 17:54:34 CET 2004

David Shaw <dshaw at jabberwocky.com> writes:

> Excellent.  The fix will be in 1.4.1.

Great!

>> Command> keyserver dns:simon.josefsson.org?type=CERT
>
> Neat.  Where can I download gpgkeys_dns? ;)

I did some work on a DNS based client earlier,
<http://josefsson.org/gpgkeys_jkp/>, but I'm not sure how well it
works today.

But writing a gpgkeys_dns.c using res_query should not be difficult.
Would you accept it if I wrote it?  Could be a fun Christmas
project...

Sadly there is no easily available C libraries for dynamic update, so
sending keys to DNS keyservers is more difficult to implement in C.

Can gpg use the keyserver infrastructure for revocation checking?

Regards,
Simon