t-sign

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Wed Dec 22 15:49:23 CET 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 11:26:49AM +0100, Henk de Bruijn wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:48:36 +0100GMT (22-12-2004, 10:48 +0100, where
> I live), Werner Koch wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:47:46 +0100, Henk de Bruijn said:
>
> >> I manage to produce the simular sig (trusted introducer) as in PGP.
> >> Do these signatures behave simular as in PGP, I mean can I get rid of
> >> PGP now?
>
> > Trust signatures are an OpenPGP feature, so both PGP and GnuPG ought
> > to be compatible.
>
> Great! next trusted signature I will make with GnuPG.

When I wrote it, I did a lot of black-box testing against PGP 8 (I
must have made hundreds of test signatures).  So long as you use the
"PGP" trust model (remember that if you upgraded to 1.4.0 from 1.2.x,
you may still have the "classic" trust model), both programs should
behave the same way.

To see what trust model your trustdb is using, use:

  gpg --check-trustdb

To update an old trustdb to the PGP trust model, use:

  gpg --trust-model pgp --check-trustdb

After that, gpg will always use the PGP model until you change it
again.

David