Decrypting HTML Pages as e-mails

vedaal at hush.com vedaal at hush.com
Thu Dec 23 23:20:03 CET 2004

>Message: 2
>Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:42:35 -0600
>From: David Jourard <support at bytesinteractive.com>
>Subject: Decrypting HTML Pages as e-mails
>To: gnupg-users at gnupg.org

>I have a couple of clients who have some web forms submitted and
>sent as
>encrypted e-mails using gpg.
>
>I would like to have the forms when decrypted program formatted as

>an HTML
>document. (I'm using pgp to do the decryption on a Win32 machine.)
>
>I've tried with both eudora and outlook express but after
>decryption the
>e-mails are displayed with all the HTML code rather than resolving

>the HTML
>as an HTML page.
>
>Has anyone successfully carried this out with Eudora or outlook
>express
>using pgp or gpg frontends to decrypt an e-mail so that it
>resolves into an
>html page.
>
>Perhaps a browser that has an e-mail client might work.

i have succesfully carried it out,
but somewhat modified, in that i don't allow/accept html e-mails,
but have instructed people how to send them to me, and upon
decryption,
it can be viewed as an html document in either the internet
explorer
or opera browser

here are the steps that worked:

[1] sender has an html form, call it form1
[2] sender views this an an html page in internet explorer
[3] from the internet explorer top toolbar, sender clicks 'view'
then
'source'
[4] notepad opens with the html code of the form
[5] save this as form1.htm (not as .txt)
[6] sign and encrypt this with gnupg, getting form1.htm.gpg
[7] decrypt with either pgp or gnupg and save the verified
decrypted
file as form1.htm (i successfully decrypted with
pgp8/pgpmail/freeware)
[8] open windows explorer and double-click on form1.htm,
and the original html form is displayed in internet explorer
(or whatever your default html viewer is)

vedaal