GPG wants to check trustdb every day

Walt Mankowski waltman at pobox.com
Mon Dec 27 23:24:54 CET 2004

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 08:43:43AM -0500, Walt Mankowski wrote:
> I'm doubtful, since it's been on my keyring for years without any
> problem.

Well, I didn't change anything, and I just verified a signature that
forced today's check of the trustdb.  Interestingly, this time it said
that the next trustdb check is scheduled for December 30.  A check
every 3 days beats a check everyday, but I'd still rather have the old
once-a-monthish behavior.

Does anyone know what the formula is that gpg uses to decide when the
next check is supposed to be?  Everything I've been able to find
online has been pretty vague.

Walt