Compile GnuPG 1.4 under cygwin?

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Tue Dec 28 04:35:02 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 12:34:00AM +0100, Jeroen Budts wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to compile GnuPG 1.4.0 using cygwin on WinXP?
> When i try to run the configure script everything seems to work fine
> (see output below), but when i then do 'make' i get some errors..
> Do i need to modify some files?
> I searched google for a while but couldn't find any manual or howto..
>
> I am totally new to compiling programs this way and i have in fact as
> good as no experience with linux but i'm willing to learn and slowly i'm
> moving from windows to linux...
>
> thx! (and sorry if this is a stupid question...)

Not a stupid question at all.  The problem you are having is a known
bug in 1.4.0, and I believe it is fixed for the upcoming 1.4.1.
However, this bit:

> In file included from http.c:46:
> srv.h:28:26: arpa/nameser.h: No such file or directory
> srv.h:29:20: resolv.h: No such file or directory

troubles me a little.  Can you check if there is a resolv.h in your
cygwin install?  I was under the impression (possibly incorrect) that
resolv.h existed.

David