UTF8 passphrase problem (I think)

Tom Hardy rhardy at visi.com
Sat Jul 31 03:33:42 CEST 2004

Tom Hardy wrote:

> I just used kgpg to create a key pair on Suse 9.1, which uses UTF8
> encoding, and it works fine.
>
> I imported a key pair I made last year on Suse 8.2, which used an 8859
> encoding, and I can't enter a valid passphrase.  Or rather the key
> pair was already present, I think.

Just a note--I have a Windows copy of PGP 5 and intend to try resetting
passphrases next time I reboot, and also to learn a bit more about
UTF-8 and the current situation, but due to a suddenly hectic schedule
I'll delay it for at least a week.  Besides, I hate rebooting.  :-)

I'll be sure to report back the results.

[...]

--
Tom Hardy  <*>  rhardy at visi.com  <*>  http://www.visi.com/~rhardy
  Just don't create a file called -rf. --Larry Wall