pgp4pine problem

Bob Holtzman holtzm at sonic.net
Tue Sep 28 01:10:37 CEST 2004

On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Atom 'Smasher' wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2004, Bob Holtzman wrote:
>
> > After playing with a few mail programs I installed pine-4.58-1 and
> > pgp4pine-1.76-1. I had run this combination before with success. I am also
> > running gnupg-1.0.6-5 and RH7.3. I know they are old versions but they
> > work well and I intend keeping them if I can. So much for background.
> ==================
>
> first step in troubleshooting is UPGRADE to a current version. you're
> using gpg 1.0.6?!?! why?

As I said: "I know they are old versions but they  work well and I intend
keeping them if I can" at least they worked in the past. Also I try to
use only RPM packages for ease of installation and uninstallation and the
later versions of the gpg packages get me into dependency hell. If I can't
get the present set up to work I might build a package from a later souce
rpm and see what happens.

--
Bob Holtzman
 ......check the price of the beer!"