Extra information in public key

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 21:09:08 CEST 2005

On Monday 08 August 2005 7:43 pm, David Srbecky wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to provide as much information about me as possible when I send
> mails. I am amazed that you can save a photo as a part of you public
> key. How can I save more information? (telephone, address, age, etc...)

Be careful about such information - remember that it is not just sent in your
emails but stored on keyservers.

Identities can be stolen and you are giving away a lot of the information that
could be used to "identify" you in a new bank or loan application.

Do you really want such information to be publicly viewable?

Even if you include such info in a text signature block like mine below,
remember that this too will be publicly archived by many mailing list
archivers. Google and other engines visit such regularly updated sites very
regularly.

Some information just needs to remain private.

--

Neil Williams