Pinpad on SPR532 isn't used

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Thu Aug 25 22:54:24 CEST 2005

At Thu, 25 Aug 2005 15:24:03 +0200,
Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber wrote:
> > After installing GNUPG 1.4.2, I can now access my OpenPGP smartcards
> > (bought at Kernelconepts) using my SPR532 reader.  However, the
> > pinpad of the reader is not used.  An example: ...
>
> If you browse through the archives of this group you'll find that
> there *is* no keypad support for _any_ card reader (until now).
>
> The documentation also always states that it *would be possible* to
> integrate support for pinpads...

Well, then the document "How to use the Fellowship Smartcard - The GnuPG
Smartcard HOWTO" from March 5th, 2005 needs to be corrected.  Quote:

  SCM Microsystems SPR532

  This is a USB (CCID)/serial reader with a numerical keypad and three
  extra buttons. The pinpad may be used to securely enter the PIN
  without using the attached computer. Only USB has been tested.

Anyway, does this lack of pinpad support apply to *any* driver or only
to the internal CCID one?

--
Felix E. Klee