Create key's over 4096 bit ????

Christoph Anton Mitterer cam at mathematica.scientia.net
Wed Dec 21 18:36:20 CET 2005

Holger Schuettel wrote:

> I've any questions. How can i generate a keypair with size  more than
> 4096 bits? I've a RSA key from my friend in my keyring with 16384 bits.

This is not desirable at all.
- First of all you may encounter compatibility problems (although I
haven't found any limit on the key size in the standard).
- And even from a cryptographic point of view this wouldn't make sense
(as far as I know), as currently hashfunctions are the weak point of the
whole system.

Regards,
Chris.