Newsgroup signing error

Jason Barnett jason.barnett at telesuite.com
Thu Feb 17 00:44:10 CET 2005

Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> G'day Paul,  (Sending this back to the GnuPG-users list)

>>>Your signature failed.
>>
>>Which is odd since as far as /my/ mailer is concerned, it didn't (also
>>using TB/enigmail).
>

> Ah, well, there's your problem then.  See the other post about broken
> mailers...
>

>>Guess an MTA must be amending the message somewhere along the line...
>

> Nope, just a flakey implementation of RFC-3156.  This would make sense
> as your clear-signed message worked for me.  (I gather RFC-3156 is
> PGP/MIME related from reading David's previous email.)

This makes sense (wish I had read this before my last message to this
group!).  I have been using PGP/MIME rather than clear-signed messages
all along.

> Cheers,
>
> S.
>

> P.S.  It's sooooo easy to be patronising when one uses mutt!  ;-)

Yeah, yeah.

> P.P.S  I'm intrigued.  Does your mailer verify my signature
>        as the previous line ended with a couple of spaces.

FYI Thunderbird / Enigmail 0.90.1.1 verified your signature as
"UNTRUSTED Good signature from Stewart V. Wright
<swright at physics.adelaide.edu.au>"