GNU Privacy Assistant and http proxy: possible?

Mojo Rising mr_mojo_rising at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 15:52:47 CET 2005

Werner Koch wrote:
> On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 06:17:23 -0600, Mojo Rising said:
>

>>I'm running GPA 0.7.0 and it doesn't seem to respect my
>>globally-defined http_proxy setting. gpg utilizes it fine and the
>>proxy responds, so I know http_proxy is set and valid.
>

> gpg requires the option
>
> honor-http-ptroxy
>
> in the ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf

Thanks, but I already had that in gpg.conf and that's why gpg correctly
uses http_proxy as I stated. The problem is that GPA doesn't seem to be
using that setting. When I try to send a key to a keyserver with GPA it
says it's unable to connect to the keyserver -- even though I've set it
to use the same keyserver I successfully used with plain gpg.

Here's the relevant line in my gpg.conf:

keyserver-options honor-http-proxy broken-http-proxy

Any more ideas?