2.6.3i

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jan 24 08:45:23 CET 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:36:18 -0000, David Gray said:

> I was under the impression that PGP could use alternate algorithms?

PGP >=5 can.  PGG 2 is hardwired to MD5, RSA and IDEA.  There is an
inofficial 2.6 version my disastry which allows for most of the
OpenPGP algorithms.

> of suppliers who uses PGP.  The GnuPG features page mentions that it can
> decrypt file encrypted with PGP 5, 6 & 7 so I guess that answers my
> question... Hmmm, back to the drawing board.

PGP >= 6.5.8 (or was it 6.5.3?) works fine althought it is not OpenPGP
compatible.

> I'm not sure about the POSIX subsystem, is it relevant?

No.  I was just wondering how it is possible to build GnuPG on plain
VMS?

  Werner