gpg version 1.4.0a on w2kp and winxp

Maxine Brandt torduninja at mail.pf
Wed Jan 26 21:57:39 CET 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:02:43 +0100 Werner Koch wrote

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 14:27:38 -0600, John Clizbe said:

>> I made a ZIP of my 1.4.1-cvs (20050121) build available to Frank, and he
>> reported back that all the file renaming issues seem to have been cleared up.

> Good.

> We should a release candidate ASAP; hopefully this week.

> Thanks,

I struck the renaming issue with 1.4.0a on only two occasions, once after
importing a key which had been signed by one of the keys already on the
keyring, and once when assigning trust to a key. I spent four hours trying to
reproduce the error with the same actions using John's CVS version, without
success, so it seems this bug has been fixed.

The other good news is that the GNUPGHOME environment variable resolves the
problems of using GPG on removable drives.

I think it would be a good idea if Windows binaries were made available for
release candidates in future. Is this possible?

Salut

Maxine
--
OpenPGP keys: http://www.torduninja.tk