Additional self-signature

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Mon Jun 6 17:06:23 CEST 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 10:40:05AM +0300, Oskar L. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the release candidate for version 1.4.2, I imported my public and
> secret key, and just like with version 1.4.1 I got double self-signatures
> on it.

Yes.  This will happen with any version.  It depends on what version
of GnuPG generated your key, and not on what version you are importing
to.

> Would it not be better to have the additional self-signature
> automatically deleted when importing the keypair?

This will be an option in 1.4.2, but we're still deciding what the
user interface should be.

For now, you can do --edit-key and then "clean sigs" to remove this
(and other non-useful) signatures.

David