cross-OS transparent encryption

C. D. Rok cedar at 3web.net
Thu Jun 9 00:19:03 CEST 2005

Erpo wrote:

> Unless there's some other option out there that hasn't already been
> mentioned, in which case I think a lot of people would be interested,
> particularly Hernan and me.

One of the disk encryption products for Windows XP/2000/2003 is at:

http://www.truecrypt.org/

In their documentation, they list Linux version *that would mount
the same* container-file as an encrypted filesystem among the items
to be expected in new version(s). (I assume the underlying filesystem
for cross-mountable containers would have to be FAT). Check their
web page for updates.

cdrok