Why are my signatures being labelled as bad?

Malte Gell malte.gell at gmx.de
Sat Apr 22 04:31:35 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 21:47, Robert Smits wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out why I can send encrypted messages to myself
> at home from my work computer, and they come through just fine, but
> signed messages to myself from my work computer come labeelled as
> having a bad signature.
>
> Work computer - Suse Linux 9.3 running Kmail and KGpg.
> (...)

This is probably a Kgpg issue. The same here with "Umlauts" (ä ü ö),Kgpg
considers clearsigned text as bad. Example:

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/linux/suse/ftp.suse.com/suse/i386/update/10.0/patches/MozillaFirefox-52838

Cut and paste the content of this patch description into Kgpg´s internal
editor and it´ll say broken signature. Download the patch description
and verify it manually using "gpg --verify MozillaFirefox-52838" and
you´ll see the sig is fine. There must be a nasty bug somewhere in Kgpg
Trying every possible configuration, either in Kgpg or gpg.conf hasn´t
helped.

Malte