Cannot decrypt this file for the life of me

Raphaël Poss gnupg at raphael.poss.name
Fri Jun 2 11:59:56 CEST 2006

webdevlv schreef:
> I am a complete newbie to GPG so bare with.  I have a gpg encrypted file and
> two .asc files...  file_sec.asc and file.asc (pubilc and secret key?  I have
> no clue what the terminology is).  I also have a passphrase that needs to be
> used.

Ok, I understand your issue. The bits you have are:

- the encrypted file (I assume it's file.gpg)

- the secret key (file_sec.asc)

- the public key (file.asc)

- the password to use the secret key.

What you must do:

1. import the keys into your key ring ("gpg --import file_sec.asc" on
the command line)

2. decrypt the file using the passphrase ("gpg file.gpg" on the command
line)

--
Raphael