Smart-card daemon and PKCS#11

zvrba at zvrba at
Sun Jun 4 10:55:46 CEST 2006

After several independent queries about my PKCS#11 patch to gpg 1.4, I've
decided to start an independent project and do the thing properly instead
of keeping the patch up-to-date.

The project aims to replace the scdaemon component of GnuPG 2 with another
(named p11scd) which is able to work with read-only PKCS#11 cards. The
project is hosted at:

The wiki is closed for public editing, but you may read it and access the
subversion repository. If you have any comments/questions about the currently
stated design-decisions, please send them to my email. I might set up a google
mailing list in the future if enough people become interested.

Please note that I'm doing this in my free time (which is not abundant),
so I give no time frame when the project is going to be finished. If you
want to participate in the project, please also drop me a mail.

Rationale: This will enable the use of many other smart-card types with
GnuPG than is currently possible. (One frequently asked for was Schlumberger
- - now Axalto - Cryptoflex).

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2.2 (GNU/Linux)