mime and pgp.asc

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jun 13 20:19:38 CEST 2006

alifbaa wrote:
> I am currently using GPG 1.4.3 on my mac powerbook G4 OSX 10.4.6  I hope that
> this is the right forum to post this question, but when i send an email with
> attachment and encrypt and sign it, it converts the message into two
> attachments, one that says "mime-attachment" and one that says "pgp.asc".  I
> don't want this.  I want it to encrypt and sign it and it have an encrypted
> message at the top and an encrypted attachment at the bottom.  I am
> currently sending these emails with the two attachments to a coworker with a
> PC that uses PGP and he cannot decrypt my emails.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

It sounds like you are sending mail using the PGP/MIME format and your
coworker's mail client can't handle that.  What mail clients are you
and your recipient using?  What version of PGP is your coworker using?

Knowing that, someone here may be able to let you know what, if any,
settings scan be changed on either system to enable you to

- --
What it means to take rights seriously is that one will honor them
even when there is a significant social cost in doing so.
    -- Ronald Dworkin

Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)