PGP to GnuPG

Ash M ashok.musuvathy at gs.com
Fri Jun 16 11:52:39 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am working on a project to convert PGP keys to GnuPG.
Most of the keys created recently have successfully been migtated but I am
unable to migrate the ones created using PGP Version: 4.0 Business Edition.

The error I get is: ( gpg version 1.4.2 )
  $ gpg --import pubkey.pub.asc
  gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
  gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
  gpg: key 390CA571: no valid user IDs
  gpg: this may be caused by a missing self-signature
  gpg: Total number processed: 1
  gpg:           w/o user IDs: 1

Following is the output from pgp for the same key:
  $ pgp -kvv 0x390CA571
  Looking for user ID "0x390CA571".
  Type bits      keyID      Date       User ID
  RSA  1024      0x390CA571 2003/09/24 KKK <one_e05>
  sig            0xCC7AB923             MFF user <mff at check.com>
  1 matching key found.

I have heard that there are compatibility issues between GnuPG and older
versions of PGP but is there any way of getting around this ?
Any help would be well appreciated.

Thanks
Ash