Trust Issue

SeidlS at schneider.com SeidlS at schneider.com
Mon Jun 26 23:18:34 CEST 2006

Can someone explain to me what would have occurred within gpg to cause the
following error:

   gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
   gpg: using secondary key 11111111 instead of primary key 11111111
   Could not find a valid trust path to the key.  Let's see whether we
   can assign some missing owner trust values.

   No path leading to one of our keys found.

   1024g/11111111 2001-06-11 "XXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
                Fingerprint: aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa  aaaa aaaa aaaa aaaa
   aaaa

   It is NOT certain that the key belongs to its owner.
   If you *really* know what you are doing, you may answer
   the next question with yes

   Use this key anyway?

The process using this key was working fine last Wednesday, but quit
working last Thursday.  There were no changes (imports, edits, or deletes)
to the key ring or the trustDB during that time.

I have googled for the errors and have a work around in place (added
--always-trust to the options file), but am curious what would have caused
this issue, and what needs to be done to resolve?

Please note, this is using an older version of gnupg (possibly 1.0.6) on
AIX.

Thanks
Scott Seidl
Electronic Communication Services
seidls at schneider.com
Tel) 920-592-2163

This document, and any attachments therein, contains proprietary and
confidential information that may not be disclosed without the prior
written permission of Schneider National, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Unauthorized use or misuse of this information and its contents is strictly
prohibited. Schneider National, Inc. vigorously protects its rights.