gnupg, news and Signature Verify

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Fri Mar 3 16:23:24 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 03:38:45PM +0100, Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to establish a way to sign my NewsPostings and - more
> interesting - also to verify the messages posted by other people.
> Since I am using new keys, the digest algorithm is SHA1 - which I
> also use. But gpg seem to have a problem with the signed message (I
> can not see why).

The file is mangled.  Possibly it wasn't generated by GnuPG 1.4.1 as
the Version header seems to indicate as GnuPG doesn't generate this
header:

> gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG-v1.4.1

The real problem is that it is missing the "Hash" header, which should
be the second line in the file, right after the BEGIN PGP SIGNED
MESSAGE line.

David