decrypt multiple files to stdout

Nicolas Rachinsky gpg-0 at ml.turing-complete.org
Sun Mar 5 23:09:49 CET 2006

Hallo,

how can I decrypt multiple files to stdout? I have two (or more)
files, a.gpg and b.gpg, and want the equivalent of "gpg a.gpg; gpg
b.gpg; cat a b" without the intermediate files.

"gpg --multifile --decrypt a.gpg b.gpg" does not work. The behaviour
seems to differ from the manual.

| nicolas at pc5 ~/rd> gpg --multifile --decrypt a.gpg b.gpg
|
| You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
| user: "Nicolas Rachinsky <nicolas at rachinsky.de>" 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 46D2F6CE, created 2005-10-25 (main key ID 887BAE72)
|
| gpg: encrypted with 2048-bit ELG-E key, ID 46D2F6CE, created 2005-10-25
|      "Nicolas Rachinsky <nicolas at rachinsky.de>"
| File `a' exists. Overwrite? (y/N)

|       --decrypt [file]
|                 Decrypt  file (or stdin if no file is specified) and write it
|                 to stdout (or the  file  specified  with  --output).  If  the
|                 decrypted  file  is  signed,  the signature is also verified.
|                 This command differs from the default operation, as it  never
|                 writes  to  the filename which is included in the file and it
|                 rejects files which don't begin with an encrypted message.

And if there is no 'a' and no 'b', they are created.

--output seems to be incompatible with --multifile.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas