Problem removing a public key whose private key is gone

Christoph Anton Mitterer cam at mathematica.scientia.net
Wed Mar 8 01:36:30 CET 2006

Jeremiah Foster wrote:

>How do I properly remove the old, unusable public key when I do not
>possess the secret key any longer and without destroying my entire gpg
>installation.

       --delete-key name
                 Remove key from the public keyring.   In  batch  mode
either
                 --yes  is  required  or  the key must be specified by
finger‐
                 print.  This is a safeguard against  accidental
deletion  of
                 multiple keys.

(where name is a valid name for your old key; note however, that this
doesn't revoke your old key)

Chris.