add notation to self sig

Peter Palfrader peter at palfrader.org
Sat Mar 18 05:08:49 CET 2006

Malte Gell schrieb am Donnerstag, dem 16. März 2006:

> On Tuesday 07 March 2006 23:12, Peter Palfrader wrote:
>
> > I wanted to add a notation to my self sig on my key by giving
> > --cert-notation on the command line and then updating the cipher
> >
> > gpg --cert-notation preferred-email-encoding at pgp.com=pgpmime
>
> This notation looks interesting, does any MUA or even GnuPG directly
> honor it and automagically use PGP/MIME or is it more a comment for
> correspondents?

The notation name came up on the IETF openpgp workinggroup's list a bit
over a year ago[0].

I am not aware of anything in the Free Software world that uses it yet,
but the PGP products by pgp.com do.

As far as I know (and that's all second hand, so don't blame me if it
isn't correct), all versions PGP Universal, Satellite and Desktop 9.x
should do it as long as they're not using MAPI.  Oh, and PGP on the
Blackberry doesn't either.

Peter
0 http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/ietf-openpgp/2005-01/msg00003.html
    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal