Change PIN on OpenPGP-Card with Cherry SmartTerminal ST-1044

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Mar 21 13:45:09 CET 2006

On 14 Mar 2006 20:07:21 +0100, Dennis Heitmann said:

> gpg: pcsc_transmit failed: not transacted (0x80100016)
> gpg: apdu_send_simple(0) failed: card I/O error

That is a catch all error of thye underlying ifd-handler.  I have
never tried that board with the PCSC driver.  It works fine when using
the internal GnuPG driver.

I sorry, that you burned your card.  In general it is always advisable
to take some caution when using a new reader device.  And you should
always start with the regular PIN, this gives you more tries in case
something went wrong.  Using gpg with the option "--debug 2048" will
show details of the card communication.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner