Retrieving public key from smartcard

saschainlondon at saschainlondon at
Fri Mar 31 00:45:10 CEST 2006

Thanks for that quick response!

> The public key is not on the card due to space issue.  You should get
> it from a keyserver or another location.  The URL data object on the
> card is very handy for that.  Enter the URL used to get your public
> key and then run gpg --card-edit and enter the command "fetch".

I didn't send my public key to a keyserver right after
creation. Fortunatly, a friend of mine had a copy of my public key.

Isn't it possible to create the public key again with the card?
(Assume I didn't send the public key to anywhere/anyone and have only my
If it isn't possible a short note should be added to the documentation to
remind everyone to backup the public key immediately after creation.

Kind regards

Jetzt GMX TopMail testen: