OpenPGP card on Javacard

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Aug 1 20:18:08 CEST 2007

On Wed,  1 Aug 2007 17:41, alon.barlev at gmail.com said:

> Implementing a card structure for a specific software is incorrect
> solution.

The majorty of the smartcard world things different.  In fact the
OpenPGP card specification is in wider use than many of the other card
specs.  It is for example used to secure email, disk, X-ray machines,
phones and a wealth of other stuff.  In fact the OpenPGP card
specification is even suggested by the BSI[1] because it is one of the
very few openly available and actual implemented and produced specs.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

p.s.  I won't get into such a discussion we you again, so please take
this as for the records only.

[1] German Federal Information Security Agency