make fails after entering ./gnupg-2.0.7/scd

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Dec 15 12:28:30 CET 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:31, rl4518 at att.com said:

> Everything builds ok until I get into the scd directory ...
> Is there a way to disable the scd make? Is it necessary for gnpug to function?

The configure script figured out that libusb is available and expect an
usb.h file.  To workaround, comment out in config.h  (top directory)

/* defined if libusb is available */
#define HAVE_LIBUSB 1

and run make again.  config.h is generated by configure, so you need to
do this with running configure.

scd/ is only required for smartcard support.  If you don't build it, you
are just missing smartcard support.  Smartcards are even supported
without libusb, then using PC/SC. I am not sure whether this as ever
been tested on Solaris.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner