How can I compile the CardMan 4000 driver on Kubuntu 7.10?

Alessandro Bottoni alessandro.bottoni at
Wed Dec 19 11:34:47 CET 2007

Hi Guys,
I downloaded the CM4000 driver from and I
tried to compile it on both a Kubuntu 7.10 with kernel 2.6.22-14 and a
Linux Mint 3.0 (== Kubuntu 7.04) with kernel 2.6.20-16 (on both machines
I installed both the kernel headers and the kernel sources).

I'm keep on getting a flood of error messages and I'm not able to
compile the driver. It looks like the compiler does not find some header
("cm4000.h"?) or something like that. I tried to fix it but I was not

Does anybody know hot to compile this driver on Kunbuntu 7.10?

Do I have to put it in any particular location (maybe in

Am I missing any required component/header?

Any suggestion?

Many thanks in advance.

Alessandro Bottoni

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
     -- Philip K. Dick