Server problem?

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Sat Dec 22 14:18:22 CET 2007

Bob Henson wrote the following on 12/22/07 7:07 AM:
> Is there a problem with the server sending messages to the list? Headers
> are appearing in Thunderbird as usual, but clicking on any message in
> the list gives a delay (presumably in downloading) of a couple of
> minutes at least, during which Thunderbird reports that it is not
> responding - eventually it does. All my other mailing lists from other
> sources are working just fine and at normal speed, and I've just checked
> my broadband speed which is also OK.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bob

Your e-mail is the first one I have received from the list's server
since yesterday evening.

There was no problem downloading and opening it, and verifying its
signature. Mere seconds.

Are you running some kind of firewall or  network monitoring software
that might be interfering specifically with the list's server?

I am duplicating this message directly to your e-mail address; maybe
this will enable you to compare.

Charly