external pinpad, gnupg, SPR532 PinPad SmartCard Reader

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Feb 12 12:27:02 CET 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:14, hawke at hawkesnest.net said:

> For what it's worth, the external pinpad did start to work for me on
> Ubuntu for awhile.  But then I changed something and it stopped (it may
> have been enabling ssh support in the scdaemon -- I changed a few things
> and didn't keep track of exactly what it was).  So the external pinpad
> is very very close to working in Ubuntu.

I am pretty sure that this is a problem of the distribution.  The most
common problem is that pcscd has been started and thus gained
exclusive access to the reader.

BTW, I am using a Kobil Advanced reader all the day for ssh access as
well as for signing files.  The SPR532 does also work but the keyboard
of the KAAN has better keys.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner