RSA 4096 ridiculous? (was RSA 1024 ridiculous)

Ryan Malayter malayter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 21:16:17 CEST 2007

On 6/19/07, Henry Hertz Hobbit <hhhobbit at securemecca.net> wrote:
> than it took me to tar it. It also takes me much less time to
> encrypt the tarred file than it takes to do the final bzip2 of the
> encrypted file.

Huh? Why would you try to use bzip2 AFTER encrypting?
Strongly-encrypted data is not compressible. And GnuPG uses gzip
compression by default *before* encryption anyway.

I suppose you could be using bzip to compress an ascii-armored GnuPG
output, but that is pretty silly (just use binary output from GnuPG
instead).

--
   RPM