problem using encryption

Ashutosh N Sharma ashutosh.n.sharma at aexp.com
Sat Jun 23 03:34:13 CEST 2007

Thanks John,
It worked really well.

With Best Regards
Ashutosh Sharma
Enterprise Case, Communication, Billing & Payments

Email: ashutosh.n.sharma at aexp.com

             "John Clizbe"
             <JPClizbe at tx.rr.com
                                         Ashutosh N Sharma/AMER/EXT/AEXP at AMEX
             06/22/2007 05:25 PM                                            cc
                                         "GnuPG Users" <gnupg-users at gnupg.org>
                                                                       Subject
              Please respond to          Re: problem using encryption
                "GnuPG Users"
             <gnupg-users at gnupg.
                    org>

Ashutosh N Sharma wrote:
> We installed gnupg 1.4.7 on Sun Solaris SPARC 8.
> Generated the keys also.

> bash-2.03$ gpg --gen-key --verbose
> bash-2.03$ gpg --gen-key --verbose
> gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.7; Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
> under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
>
> gpg: WARNING: using insecure memory!
> gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
> Please select what kind of key you want:
>    (1) DSA and Elgamal (default)
>    (2) DSA (sign only)
>    (5) RSA (sign only)

The default DSA/Elgamal combination allows you to create a 4096-bit encryption
key. But anyway...

gpg --expert --gen-key
Please select what kind of key you want:
   (1) DSA and Elgamal (default)
   (2) DSA (sign only)
   (3) DSA (set your own capabilities)
   (5) RSA (sign only)
   (7) RSA (set your own capabilities)
Your selection?

7

You need Certify, Sign, and Encrypt capabilities which is the default
configuration. Enter Q to continue the process. Be nice, use your real name as
part of the UserID creation.

When you go to encrypt, provide the keyID you wish to encrypt to, eg
0xdecafbad.
The key generation process will tell you the key ID; ie, in the email you sent,
the key ID was 2D64B2BE.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:   John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. PGP/GPG KeyID: 0x608D2A10/0x18BB373A

"Just how do the residents of Haiku, Hawai'i hold conversations?"

(See attached file: signature.asc)
American Express made the following
 annotations on 06/22/07, 18:34:19

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

American Express a ajouté le commentaire suivant le 06/22/07, 18:34:19

Ce courrier et toute pièce jointe qu'il contient sont réservés au seul destinataire indiqué et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privilégiés. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pièce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et détruire immédiatement le courrier et les pièces jointes. Merci.