Broken pipe? [was: Problems svn+ssh+gpg(-agent)+smartcard]

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at free.fr
Fri Jun 29 11:04:54 CEST 2007

Alon Bar-Lev a écrit :
> On 6/28/07, Guillaume Yziquel <guillaume.yziquel at free.fr> wrote:
>> When failing to decrypt and failing to access the SCR 335 smartcard
>> reader, I get the logged output decribed below this message.
>>
>> It seems I have a broken pipe issue:
>>
>> > 2007-06-28 15:32:31 scdaemon[4291] DBG: ccid-driver:
>> usb_claim_interface failed: -1
>> > 2007-06-28 15:32:31 scdaemon[4291] error sending PC/SC OPEN request:
>> Relais brisé (pipe)
>>
>> Any further information, help, guidance, hints, suggested readings is
>> welcome.
>
> Are you using a card that is capable of PKCS#11 interface?
>
> Alon.

I'm reading through the GnuPG 2.0 manual, in .pdf version, available from

	http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/documentation/manuals.html
	(I really do appreciate page 113 of this .pdf file.)

What I know is that it is an OpenPGP card. I've read

	http://gnupg-pkcs11.sourceforge.net/

and I'm quite positive that it's not using a PKCS#11 interface.

I think that the problem is that no card-reader seems recognized. I'd be
glad if it was only a smartcard protocol problem.

Maybe the following helps:

> yziquel at seldon:~$ echo scd getinfo reader_list | gpg-connect-agent --verbose --decode
> gpg-connect-agent: connection to agent established
> ERR 100663576 IPC parameter error <SCD>
> gpg-connect-agent: closing connection to agent

Where do I get details about error codes?

In the manual, it is written:

> --pcsc-driver library
>     Use library to access the smartcard reader. The current default is
> libpcsclite.so. Instead of using this option you might also want to
> install a symbolic link to the default file name (e.g. from
> libpcsclite.so.1).

and I was rather surprised by that: do you still need libpcsclite.so.xxx
to run the builtin ccid driver? Because I removed these file through
aptitude. Because I've got the following complaint:

> yziquel at seldon:~$ gpg --card-status
> gpg: apdu_open_reader: failed to open driver `libpcsclite.so.1': libpcsclite.so.1: Ne peut ouvrir le fichier d'objet partagé: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> gpg: card reader not available
> gpg: OpenPGP card not available: general error
> yziquel at seldon:~$

I'll try to connect directly to scdaemon to see what is happening.

Thanks.

Guillaume.