[Macgpg-users] 1.4.7 packages for OS X

reynt0 reynt0 at cs.albany.edu
Thu Mar 8 17:59:40 CET 2007

I apologize if I am wasting the time of some busy
and appreciated people, but I'd like to ask for
clarification:

The latest macgpg.sourceforge.net "HowTo", v4.16,
says gcc 4.0.1 is needed.  That gcc seems to be
Apple-natively available only with OS 10.4, and not
installable in 10.3.9 (with reliable result) from
currently available XCode; gcc 3.3 seems to be
the highest in XCode for 10.3.  So..., what gcc do
you have and how did you get it?  (If the answer is
simple, and I'm stupid, that makes me happiest
because it is least trouble for me to fix.)

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Charly Avital wrote:
 . . .
> On an iMac CPU Type: PowerPC 750  (22.14) running MacOS 10.3.9 (code named
> "Pahther"), compiling from source with idea.c copied to 'Cipher':
 . . .
> Therefore, GnuPG 1.4.7 builds correctly under Mac OS 10.3.9.
> I misunderstood the indications in MacGPG's web site.
 . . .