New OpenPGP standard published

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Nov 4 14:44:03 CET 2007

On Sat,  3 Nov 2007 06:19, malayter at gmail.com said:

> Is there an FAQ or other document which highlights only the changes
> and improvements since 2440? The output of "diff rfc2440.txt
> rfc4880.txt" didn't help me, and such a document isn't prominent on
> the OpenPGP WG pages.

Not that I know.  There are many editoral changes so that even a diff
between the source form of the RFC is not meaningful.  We had 22 drafts
in the last 9 years.

I remember these new features:

 * MDC packets (your are using them for a long time).
 * A new format to protect secret keys.
 * Backsigs
 * New algorithms (AES, DSA-2, SHA-256 et al.)

but there are more.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner