Keyserver name command

Bob Henson bob.henson at galen.org.uk
Fri Nov 9 21:20:18 CET 2007

Two of my keys have keyserver names built in by using PGP's simple key
editing UI. I haven't got  PGP installed now, and wanted to change the
keyserver using "gpg --keyserver name", as the server in the keys has
now disappeared or no longer functions. I'd like to either remove it
altogether and not have a specific preference, or change it to the SKS
server at minsky.surfnet.nl (seems to be the best/fastest at the
moment), but even after reading the man page I'm not sure of the command
syntax. Do I need a full URL, or will just "minsky.surfnet.nl" suffice?
If it needs a full URL, how is the URL for an SKS server constructed?
Would running the command with no parameters at all remove the current name?

Regards,

Bob