WinXP problem with large files was: Re: Decrypt problem with large file

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Nov 27 20:11:44 CET 2007

Snoken wrote:
> is the old problem with files greater than 4 GB solved? How large
> files can gpg handle on WindowsXP? On other systems?

Depends a lot on your filesystem.  FAT32 doesn't like files greater than
4GB, no matter what program makes them.  NTFS does not have this limitation.

I have seen 50Gb files processed on UNIX machines without error.  Other
people undoubtedly have seen more (much more).  Once you hit file sizes
like that, you need to start looking a lot at your OS limitations as
opposed to GnuPG limitations.