WinXP problem with large files was: Re: Decrypt problem with large file

Snoken snoken at tunedal.nu
Wed Nov 28 10:06:43 CET 2007

Hi again,
I found the old thread: Trouble decrypting AES256 symmetric encrypted file:

You  (Ryan) wrote:
This is surpisingly *not* a Windows issue. We have 200+ GB database
files on many of our database servers. All using NTFS.

I think the issue is that GnuPG is using a 32-bit DWORD file pointer
and the older file functions. Werner mentioned using GetFIleSize, but
the platform SDK indicates that you need to use GetFileSizeEx to
enable files greater than 2^32 bytes:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fs/getfilesize.asp

Werner, do you use GetFileSize or GetFileSizeEx? There are also
WriteFileEx and any number of other -Ex file-related functions to
handle files larger than 4 GB.

Fixed?

Snoken