script to clean my keyring

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Tue Oct 30 09:52:19 CET 2007

Hi John,

thank you for the answer how to clean my key ring:

> How about doing it this way:
>     cp pubring.gpg pubring.tmp
>     gpg --import-options import-clean --import pubring.tmp

=== 1 ===
This will make a clean import to the current pubring.gpg but will this
help? Will these keys which are imported overwrite the keys in the current
pubkey.gpg? Or would I need to start whith a "striped" which only contains
my selfsignature?

>     gpg --keyserver-options import-clean \
>       --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.org refresh-keys

=== 2===
I like to keep my key ring updated, what about this: I run on a frequent
basis:

     # Assumption is that the key is currently clean
     cp pubring.gpg pubring.bak<TIMESTAMP>

     gpg --keyserver-options import-clean \
       --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.org refresh-keys

     cp pubring.gpg pubring.tmp
     gpg --import-options import-clean --import pubring.tmp

Thanks a lot
Michael