Has Vista been already included in support OS?

y-ooshima at hitachi-system.co.jp y-ooshima at hitachi-system.co.jp
Fri Jan 4 03:23:05 CET 2008

Hi,

wk at gnupg.org wrote:
>On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:35, JPClizbe at tx.rr.com said:
>>> It seems that installing GnuPG on Vista is OK.

>> Oversight in the README. The problem that Vista had with launching the keyserver

>Right.  I have not tocuhed that README for a long time.  Will chnage it
>for the next release.

I see, thankyou.
Would you please update a webpage http://www.gnupg.org/download/supported_systems.en.html, too?

BTW,
the following message appeared when running gpg.exe at the only first time on Vista.

| gpg: DBG: rndw32: get performance data problem

In detail, it will be output before creating the random_seed file.
and this message disappears when turn-off UAC from Vista's control panel.

>From source code in cipher/rndw32.c:

static void
slow_gatherer_windowsNT(void (*add)(const void*, size_t, int), int requester )
{

    (snip)

            status = RegQueryValueEx (HKEY_PERFORMANCE_DATA, "Global", NULL,
                                      NULL, (LPBYTE) pPerfData, &dwSize);
            if (status == ERROR_SUCCESS) {
    (snip)

            }
            else {
                g10_log_debug ( "rndw32: get performance data problem\n");
                break;
            }

Under the environment with UAC on Vista, it will be refused to access
HKEY_PERFORMACE_DATA even if user has administrator privilege.
I think this is not serious problem, because a random_seed is made from
another part.

Is this right?

Thanks.