OpenPGP card stopped working

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Wed Mar 12 20:36:37 CET 2008

Hi!

Am Sonntag, den 09.03.2008, 15:05 +0100 schrieb Sven Radde:
> Apart from applying the regular patches, the only action I remember that
> could possibly have an impact on GnuPG was installing the "seahorse"
> package. However, removing it again did not change anything.

Update: It works again. Simply removing the seahorse package left a
"seahorse-agent" process running, which was apparently responsible for
the hassle. Only after a reboot that was gone, too...

Cheers, my OpenPGP card is back!

All that's left is to wonder why seahorse (in particular its agent)
breaks a working smartcard setup...

cu, Sven