Paperkey for Revocation Certificates? (Feature-Request :-)

Sven Radde email at sven-radde.de
Mon Oct 6 08:03:12 CEST 2008

Am Sonntag, den 05.10.2008, 19:49 -0400 schrieb David Shaw:
> A revocation certificate, on the other hand, doesn't
> have all that much that can be removed.  Luckily revocation
> certificates are pretty short to begin with.  The only real advantage
> that paperkey could bring to revocation certificates is the per-line
> CRC, which makes retyping easier.

Yes, that's the point.
While I agree with Robert and you that revocation certs are smaller and
therefore easier to OCR than keys, they would be *even easier* to OCR if
they were encoded in Base16 and had per-line checksums.

ASCII armor has a few characters which are somewhat hard to tell apart (orimarily 0s and Os - note to myself: find a better font) and if such 'entropy' can be avoided this increases reliability of the import.

cu, Sven