Recovered files from Ext USB drive but in GPG format

scottpearson scottjohnpearson at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:20:28 CEST 2008

I had 50GB of data on the USB drive. I installed SecureLock and configured
the disk encryption. I didn't read/realise that data would be lost and only
considered this when I was prompted to format the disk. I cancelled out and
it seems the partition has been deleted.

Now, when i connect the USB drive, I am prompted to decrypt the disk, which
does successfully, but Windows does not recognise the drive or make it
available as there is no partition. How am I able to recover this partition
and the data?

i have been able to recover some data using photorec but the files have a
GPG file extension. Does anyone know of a utility that would recover these?
I have tried  GnuPG for windows but the utility states there is no openPGP
in the files.

Help!

Scott