There is no limit on the length of a passphrase,

Bernhard Kleine bernhard.kleine at gmx.net
Wed Oct 22 18:11:23 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 22.10.2008, 15:40 +0200 schrieb Morton D. Trace:
> ^;@_*-<|./|;&/._;}.!
> ?<&!\+~&;[//.~_-!|+]
> %/<|;*=#&_).$<$;~.}*
> - -$/\&{%#$){. at -_~.:}]
> %\#`%%.[<&~!"*~}>.'_
> &>$\({-`]$$``/^):|\^
> :}$~$],|?)&>^`!>!:.,
> )+'[,/=*':%("|-{.?/!
> <!>!-_'/^?^?&>|?#'|&
> - -:,&~,}**[%%(*=<[&*?
> &'*+|]`|";/^*'!+#%`.
> /<:="$?(#&`([<)&:"|*
> \&.("^.#@>|/({(:%^;<
> [,`'[%>;\/"('`_$`:}~
> *;!!/*=([`]/-?'.{^;*
> *"_`,{&`^+^[-):%@~.;
> %()"-*!@*{[?#=<-('{`
> (%(<`}{!!)#>#/*">(&@
> ]+#$!&+/![\(/;}.";>!
> ]\/\+}./);_"$;|^>.)@

Which one did you remember two hours later ;-)

I count about 30 different entries, this is not much more than the
alphabet. thus the complexity is only for the naked eye. using the
proper glasses you might talk better write with these signs like with
the latin alphabet. However, with lowercase and uppercase letters of the
latter, the variation will be larger and you might even be able to
repeat a passphrase from memory.

With respect to randomness, do you have an idea how passphrases which
use first letters of e.g. songs or poems (with lower and uppercase
letters in german) are rated?

Would be nice to know how often I have to change my favorite song.

Cheers

--
Bernhard Kleine <bernhard.kleine at gmx.net>